Thursday, April 24, 2008

Day 17

Without a day off.

I'm getting a little frayed arounnd the edges. I can still respond to the really hot emergent problems, but am having a little trouble concentrating on the smaller stuff.

Two more days, and I will have a couple of days off. I intend to take Mrs A out to a good restaraunt. We haven't decided which one yet. She is leaning towards The Lobster Shop, but is considering Todai's, an all-you-can-eat sushi house. When I met her she thought sushi was a swear word, now it has become a favorite. I have corrupted her.

I kinda hit the wall last night. After about eight o'clock I couldn't get a damn thing accomplished.

Sobe No Fear has become my drink of choice. One can with dinner gets me through the rest of the evening. Nothing like about 70mg of caffiene to get your attention. I go for the Super Supplement Sugar Free variety, even if there is a skull on the can.

Of course days off does not equal nothing to do. The cars need attention, the yard needs attention, and Mrs A needs attention.

No rest for the wicked.........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

all you can eat sushi is like a gift from the gods!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

The PK corrupted me with sushi too. I love it (certain kinds, that is!)

And yes, we wicked folk NEVER rest! ;)

Al said...

NCP: It took e a couple of years to convice Mrs A. that sushi was not just raw fish, but after some California rolls and some spicy tuna rolls, it was all down hill from there.

PQ: I've been a little neglecful of the dak side lately. No time for wicked. What a world, what a world.

Sarah said...

John has definitely corrupted me with sushi, Thai food, and now Indian food. Mmmmm.

As for your days off, that's fun stuff to do, not mentally taxing work stuff. You'll still feel recharged after some time spent not at work.

2 more days, you can do it!

Michael said...

Ouch, you have my sympathy! I would not want to be in your shoes with regards to work.

Al said...

Sarah: I get lots of positive feedback. That makes it easier. And doing stuff instead of solving problems is a good change.

Michael: I love what I do, or I couldn't do it. But it is still difficult to keep doing the Energizer Bunny.