Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Timing

I swear the house knows when I am vulnerable.

Tha same with most things mechanical. I usually do all house, appliance, yard equipment, and auto repairs. I can repair most anything.

So right now, I have no time to do those things. I am working nine to ten hours a day seven days a week. By the time I get home I want a meal, a couple of hours to relax, and time for bed.

Mind you there was a time when I could do this and still take on the house and stuff, but right now, I am just too worn out to take on much.

So the washing machins broke. I know exactly what is wrong. The timing module is fried, and the part is like $50.00, takes about an hour to replace. I just don't have the time or energy to do it. So we called Sears and had the repair service come out to fix it. The timing module is fried, and it will cost $250.oo to get it fixed.

It frosts my buns to have to pay someone else to do what I can do myself for about a fifth of the price, but I just can't do everything. Oh well, all the money I am making by working overtime will easily pay for anything that goes wrong (Knock on wood).

I might have been able to squeeze one more year of use out of the lawnmower by pulling it apart and rebuilding the carb, but I just don't have the time. So last night I ordered a new lawn mower.

My work truck is getting hard to start and runs rough. I know I need to tune it up. Just when am I supposed to do this? I have been driving Z because I love to drive her, but also because she is the most reliable vehicle after Mrs. A's HHR.

Don't get me wrong. I love what I am doing right now. But I suppose when you are doing something you love, you have to make sacrifices in other areas.

I aslo have to make sure to pay extra attention to Mrs A, becuase she has to take up some of the slack, and I do love the fact that she can and will.

Still crazy busy.

6 comments:

rennratt said...

I'm glad that you gave credit to your lovely spouse for dealing with the 'extras' while you put in so much work time.

Be sure to treat BOTH of you. Why not hire someone to mow the lawn this summer? Or even for a portion of it?

Al said...

RENN: But I just bought a new lawnmower. I need to play with it. But you are right, I should pay someone else to do it.

Sarah said...

Good luck to you surviving this, and to Mrs. A for taking up the slack! Hope you both get to treat yourselves to something special soon.

Al said...

sarah: I've done this several times before, working up to 72 hours a week. The hard part is keeping focused.

What was I saying?

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Crazy busy, huh? And I'll be danged...I'm tagging you tomorrow with a meme too....as if you didn't already have enough stuff to do! :)

Al said...

PQ: For Royalty, anything.