Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bah Humbug

I am having a real hard time getting in the Holiday Spirit this year.
We don't have any lights or decorations up. I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet.
Two people I knew slightly at work died last week. Not good buddies or anything, but people I had worked with a little here or there. Both were in their forties and had wives and kids. Kinda puts the damper on any celebrating.
I have been battling with arthritis in my neck. It hurts all the time. I have been to the doctor multiple times about it. Their answer in "Yes, you have arthritis in your neck. Take two percocet and call me in the morning." I will not take Percocet at work, because I wouldn't be worth a happy crappy if I did. I also don't like to drive if I take it. I also will not take more than one at a time unless I absolutely have to. During the day, I usually take 600 mg of ibuprofen , but it really doesn't do a very good job. When I do take it, I never get anything done. I haven't done anything on Frankenhealey in a couple of months now.
Oh well, enough whining and complaining.

4 comments:

Rick said...

I hate Christmas. Especially the shopping. Just can't force the "yippe" anymore.

Sarah said...

*hugs*

Al said...

Rick: I just hang in there until it's all over. Just lean me in the corner and ignore me!

Sarah: Thanks.

rennratt said...

Ask your doctor about Relafen and/or Lodine. I take 750 mg Relafen during the day (it doesn't knock me out) or 400 mg Lodine at night (it DOES knock me out).

Both at LEAST take the edge off the pain, and work better than standard ibuprofen. Both are available in a generic.

***I do NOT work for a pharmco, by the way. I just have arthritis - and understand ALL too well how ick you must feel right now.