Friday, December 12, 2008

No More Depressing Crap

Sorry about the depressing crap this week. My head was stuck in a depressing place, and I just needed to work my way through it.
I went out and bought some St. John's Wort last night. It helps me during the long dark days this time of year. Interesting stuff. It increases your sensitivity to light. They way they found this out was that cows who ate it got sunburned. Who ever thought of a cow getting sunburned.
For some people, it increases your sensitivity to light so that your body is more sensitive to what sunlight you DO get. It isn't effective for everyone, but IT works for me. Even if the effect is all in my head, it doesn't matter, because it's my head that has the problem.
This weekend I will put up the tree and decorations. My favorite is putting together the Christmas village. It had about eight lighted buildings and a bunch of figurines. It goes on the mantle above the fireplace and is about five feet long.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Post what you feel, not what you think we want to hear.

Hope you feel better soon, and that the village looks beautiful!

Al said...

Sarah: I Posted what I was feeling, and I think it was enough to get me out of my funk. I am looking forward to going home tonight and lighting up the town.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I'm with Sarah...post what you feel. It's you blog, dammit....do whatever you want.

Lately, I haven't been feeling much lately, hence, no blog posts. ;)

Anonymous said...

It is good to just get your feelings out. I've taken St. John's Wort before. Actually works pretty good.

Al said...

PQ: YEah, my blog, my choice, but there is no need to wallow in self pity.

Melissa: I get mild depression when the sun goes away, and St. John's Wort handles it pretty good. Welcome to my blog!