Tuesday, December 02, 2008

How Do You Spell Relief?

R-A-T-I-F-Y
The SPEEA Union Members have ratified the new four year contract offer.
The prospects of being on strike during the Holidays has been lurking in the background of my consciousness for months now, so resolution of the negotiations is a big relief.
It's not like it occupied my every waking moment, because I'm just not built that way. I'm not a particularly gifted worry-wart. I made my plans and put things in place so I averted any possibility of going into panic mode. But I didn't forget about it.
Now that things have been finally resolved for sure, it is a relief. I felt like I had been kinda holding my breath waiting for things to resolve themselves.
Whew!

3 comments:

sue said...

YAY!!!! What a load off.

Al said...

Sue: I can definitely feel the pressure subside.

Al said...

Sarah: At least now, I can plan things for the next four years with a certain sense of structure.