Friday, November 14, 2008

Glowing Plastic

I got my truck back yesterday.
I think I heard my credit card scream in pain when I paid for it.
Besides a complete remanufactured engine, as long as they had it out, I had them replace the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, hoses and belts and radiator. The final bill was around $5,500.00. In my opinion it is money well spent, because I now am under warranty for three years. Sure I could have purchased a different vehicle for less that that, but whatever vehicle I got would come with the old 30/30 warranty. Thirty feet or thirty seconds, whichever comes first.
So now I have a three year 100,000 mile warranty.
But I think my Visa card glows in the dark.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

30feet/30sec?? Love it.

Anonymous said...

it's like a brand new car, but with all the comfortableness of the old one :)

Al said...

Sarah: I've bought a few of those over the years.

NPC: And you don't have to worry about puting the first scratch on it.

rennratt said...

My heart stopped over the price, but you're right. Better to get it all done at the same time.

Al said...

Renn: The price was high, but the security is worth it. To me, anyway. Someone else might have made a completely different choice.