Monday, November 24, 2008

Turkeys

Nowadays you have a lot of choices when you get a turkey for turkey day. It used to be that you could just go to the store and get a turkey. There were two kinds, the frozen ones and the unfrozen ones. They were pretty easy to tell apart.
Now things are not so clear cut.
Organic turkey? As opposed to what? Inorganic turkey? Inorganic turkey would be crafted of never-living matter. Not particularly appetizing, at least to me. Seems to me, all turkeys are organic by default.
Free range turkey? What does that mean? I'll guarantee you it is not what the image seems to represent. Turkeys are not allowed to range free on large parcels of land. The regulations are vague and there isn't really any enforcement of the vague rules.
I believe I saw some no-hormone added turkey. I have no idea what this means.
Wild Turkey. Now there's something I understand.
Comes by the fifth. Picture of a turkey on the front. Will make you stand up and gobble.
Pass the Turkey, please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My M-I-L is doing ham this year.

Ham is much easier. Everyone knows that all hog farms are horrific pollutions spewing cess pits that abuse the pigs horribly.

Nothing you can do about ham but shut up and eat it.

Al said...

ncp: For Christmas it will be pork tenderloin in cranberry chutney with horseradish.