Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Grazing Day

Also known as our group potluck. A day dedicated to eating all day long. No telling what may show up.
I am currently dining on Deer Dip. And yes, for you citified squeamish types, it is made with real deer. Venison hamburger with beans and mushrooms in a cheese sauce, served with tortilla chips. Good stuff.
I brought in my usual egg rolls. By 9:00 I was told that I needed to go home and make more.
There is smoked Atlantic Salmon. There is home made chili, and cheese and meats and crackers and several types of pie and cake and sweet rolls.
And to top it off, Ezell's chicken. For those of you who don't know about Ezell's, when Oprah is in town, she has her cast party catered by Ezell's. She has gone on TV and told everyone that if they are in Latteland, make sure and stop in at Ezell's. It is good chicken, but I wouldn't go THAT far. Of course I live a couple of blocks from it and we have it a couple of times a week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Deer Dip" - sounds like something I'd expect to come from the Skoal company.

But the description sounds tasty!

Sarah said...

Your potluck sounds far better than the left over tootsie roll lollypops from Halloween that are all we get around here. Bah.

And when do I ever get this egg roll recipe???

Al said...

ncp: I was thinking more on the lines of sheep dip, which they use to control ticks on sheep.

Sarah: I thought I just published it. I'll see if I can't dig it up again.