Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Down Day

By down day, I don't mean that I am depressed or anything, it means that there is no airplane in my flow day on the 737 line. It is planned that way. It is a chance to get caught up on projects, for the mechanics to renew their certifications, do maintenance on the tools, etc. It is usually a slow day, which we can use. Shipside support is like working on your car when it is doing 60 MPH down the freeway.

So I came in expecting a laid-back kind of day. WRONG!!! Plenty of problems left over from yesterdays bird, and some new items. For instance, the customer saw walking through the factory, and glanced up at the winglets, and there was a logo on the outer surface of the winglet. The winglet is supposed to be painted blue on the outer surface, logo on the inside.

Since the problem was discovered in my flow day, I have to work it. We don't have anything to do with winglets. So I have to run the traplines to figure out where to send the Customer Pick-up. Oh well, it will keep me out of trouble, I guess.

Our shi-tzu, Molly is still not well. She has been vomiting up bile for the last week. We took her to the Vet, and they ran tests and couldn't find anything conclusive. Mrs Alstuff is reaching the end of her tether and about to go into full mama grizzly bear, I don't give a damn what excuses you have, just fix it mode.

No comments: