Monday, January 23, 2006

GO SEAHAWKS!

I am not the worlds biggest sports fan. I mean, my mother watches more sports than I do, but I do follow the local teams some. My older brother, L. will watch anything. I mean, he would watch "Underwater Bowling for Furniture" if that was the only thing he could find. I would rather go work on my 1977 Datsun 280Z, or read a good book, but this year I have been following the Seahawks. Yesterday, they won the NFC championship. We have been waiting for 30 years for them to go to the Superbowl, and this is the year. Yesterday, Mrs A. had to retreat to the upstairs bedroom to escape the testosterone. stepdaughter called Saturday, and their car crapped out again. They wanted me to come down and fix it. I missed last weeks playoff game working on the car for them, so I declined the opportunity to go down and subsequently miss the NFC championship game.

2 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Good for the Seahawks...and for you!

I don't follow it much UNLESS there's a Florida team playing.

I will watch the Superbowl however...there's usually a party involved at someones house and I never miss the commercials! They're usually more interesting to me than the game itself! :)

Al said...

My favorite comercial was from a Superbowl. Guy sitting on the porch of a rickety shack eating pizza and pouring Tabasco on it. Sweat is just dripping off of him. A mosquito comes along ang drains him of some blood. It flys off about ten feet and BOOM! it bursts into flame.