Monday, January 09, 2006

Pearl Django

So this weekend I took Mrs. Alstuff's sister out to dinner and a show at Jazz Alley. Pearl Django was playing (http://www.pearldjango.com/). If you like Gypsy Jazz, it was great. Since it is pretty much all guitars, and I play guitar, I was in FingerPicking Heaven. The Mrs and her sister, while they recognized the level of skill required, were not as enthused as I was. Oh well, different strokes, and all that.

We got a progress report for V., as he is failing language Arts, which is inexcusable since he is in the 8th grade and reads at a college level. So once again I am forced to curtail his computer usage, all because the little #$%^ doesn't turn in his homework. He is going to be on restriction until he raises his grade. No more going off with his dad for the weekend or anything. I hate being a hardass, but if that's what it takes........

2 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do as far as the grades go, you know?

Al said...

He thinks I'm being mean to him, he doesn't realize that he is only hurting himself. If the little $%^& has to go to summer school it is coming out of his allowance