Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Looking death in the eye

Mrs A. And I have been through more than our share of crisis in the short time we have been together. I don't really want to go into all the details, but it has been a whole lot more crap than most newlyweds go through. Whenever something goes wrong I am usually the solid one. The other day she asked me "Honey, how can you remain so calm when all this stuff is going on around you?" My reply was that is have been in situations where I was in real or perceived danger of losing my life violently. There are a couple of ways that can effect you. One is that you spend the rest of your life waiting for the other shoe to drop, the other is that it puts all of the other stuff in perspective. When you have looked down the barrel of a gun pointed at you, it puts things in perspective. So I thought I'd put some of them out there, mostly because I like telling stories, but I'm not sure whether to put them here, or on my other blog, which I have been using to publish short stories.

2 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Wow! Talk about leaving us hanging!!!

Al said...

I guess it does kinda obligate me to complete the leap...............