Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Avenging Angel



So double click on the picture to make it larger.

Right over the top of the pole you will see Washington's State Bird, the mosquito, only this one is the size of a hang glider.

The picture was found in the memory stick in a digital camera next to a exsanguinated corpse. There were small puncture wounds above the carotid artery. It has been rumored for years that there was a new variety of mosquito in the area, but this is the first photographic evidence of it's existence.

First observed by Pat O'Neil, he reported "At first I thought it was an angel." Well, Pat it may be an angel, but a blood sucking Avenging Angel.

Seriously, though. I took this lovely sunset picture at Lake Quinault last Friday. I liked it so much I decided to make it my wallpaper on my computer. When I did, you can imagine my surprise at what showed up. Some times I think it ruins what is otherwise a perfect picture, but other times I think it is what makes the picture special.

A real lesson in perspective, in more than one way.

3 comments:

Daphnewood said...

how did the image get on there? I find that really fascinating with digital photography.

I like that you call the mosquito "the state bird".

Al said...

The mosquito was evidently hovering right in front of the lens of the camera when I took the picture. That is the reason it is blurry and out of focus.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »