Thursday, April 27, 2006

Handyman

Which is, of course a song by Roy Orbison.
Mrs. A. and I like rotissory chicken. We get one a couple of times a week. It is real convenient and tasty. About half the time we use the leftover chicken to make Chicken Caesar salad. This prompted Mrs A. to go out and buy a rotissory oven on Tuesday. Only problem was, that there was no outlet available to plug it in to.

Last night she comes in the door, and says "There is a box out in the car". The box is about 4' X 2' X 18" and weighs about 60 lbs. Being male and stubborn, I did not wait for someone to take the other end of the box, and consequently strained a muscle in my shoulder. The one I had operated on last October. I had already irritated it moving equipment at Echo Glen.

So I was faced with a sideboard cabinet/table to assemble. I am very good at that sort of thing, but it still took me two and a half hours to get it together. Mrs A. piped up when I was mostly done and said "You know there were two similar cabinets, and I think maybe the other matches the kitchen cabinets better". I made a very threatening gesture with the screwdriver.

I know she was just jerking my chain.

I woke at about 2:00 this morning with my shoulder killing me, and from there on just kinda drifted in and out. I had the wierdest dream, all about how I was supposed to be planning a wedding, and everything I did turned out all wrong. I don't even know whose wedding it was supposed to be.

Wierd.

3 comments:

Daphnewood said...

that is the exact kind of ribbing I would do to my husband too if he were acting like a stubborn mule and insisting on lifting something like that by himself. Oh Al, poor Mrs. A has her hands full with you.

I haven't been able to read STAR yet (3rd part). It has been the week without privacy. In fact, someone is in my room chatting with me about negative exponents right now as I type this.

Anonymous said...

Contractors and Homeowners

Can You Fix this and Can you fix that well

do it yourself hairstyles Advice at http://remodeling11.com/bee.pl?ki=master&remodeling=home . If you are Looking for do it yourself hairstyles Then Here it is

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Idaho accutane find attorney Fedotozine tramadol