Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Jumping to Conclusions

So we had a little disagreement at Alplace. Stepdaughter, boyfriend and Grandkid are living with us. They have been evicted three times in the last year, and have finally ended up with us. The arrangement is supposed to be temporary. We will see.
At any rate I know that they use drugs. When they were in Lakewood and we would visit, there would be paraphenalia and evidence laying around. What they do in their own place and time are not my immediate concern, but what they do in My place and MY time is.
I was sittin in the living room watching the tube on Monday, and a young dude that I have never seen starts walkin up the front walk. Nyk jumps up and goes outside and hands him what appears to be a joint. When Nyk comes back in, I ask him "Did you just deal dope out of my house? Because if you did you can pack your shit and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out". He told me it was not dope, just a hand rolled cigarette, and produced a bag of tobacco and papers. They got all huffy about they would not disrespect me by doing such a thing.
I pointed out that they had disrespected me enough to smoke pot on my front deck on Sunday, so it was only a small step. I think they were a little shocked that I knew. They of course blamed it on someone else. I just told them that I wanted to make it ABSOLUTELY CLEAR that if they stay with us, there would be no dope in my house or on my premises.

That aside, I went home after work yesterday and cut up a couple of pound of boneless skinless frier breast and put them on skewers with onion, green pepper and pineapple, basted them liberally with teriyaki sauce and sizzled them on the BBQ. Oh man, was that good.

No comments: