Friday, April 14, 2006

TGTS

I can't just say TGIF, because today being Friday means nothing in and of itself. It is the fact that tomorrow is Saturday that is relevant. So Thank God Tomorrow's Saturday.

I woke up at 3:00 this morning, convinced that today was Saturday. I was snuggling back down for another bout of sleep, when this nagging little voice in my head said "If today is Saturday, what happened to Friday?" When I couldn't produce a single memory of anything happening, I heard Mrs A. stirring and new she was also awake, so I asked her "Is today Saturday?"

"No."

Crap.

Not a good way to start the day out. Next thing I knew, the alarm was making this rude noise.

This weekend is Easter, the second most important Christian Holiday. The whole thing doesn't hang together without Easter. If Christ didn't rise from the grave, he was just a very astute man and an amazing philosopher. Without the resurrection He is still the most influential Philosopher of all time, but falls short of Godhood. The whole shape of history and society turns on this single event.

I am cooking a pork tenderloin glazed with cranberry chutney with asparagus and a salad for Easter. Lots of people are coming, but I like to keep it casual, so any time after lunch people are welcome.

Happy Easter everyone!

3 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Hope you had a wonderful Easter! We actually went out to eat this year...no cooking for The PQ!! Yay! :)

And The PK did the same thing this morning that you did on Friday...I woke him up this morning for work and he mumbled "It's Sunday...I don't have to get up."

I thought "Yeah, I WISH!" Cause I sure coulda used a couple more hours more sleep myself! :)

Al said...

I cooked Baked Pork Tenderloin in Cranberry Chutney with garlic. It was killer. All the kids came over, and everyone afterwards was "OOHHHH I ate too much........what's for desert?"

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »