Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday's Missives

I'm sore this morning. Mrs A. and I went with the band (
  • Morning Light
  • ) to Echo Glen. Echo Glen is a Childrens Facility about a half hour East of Seattle, up in the mountains. Beautiful location. It currently housed just short of 200 juvenile guests of the state. Everything from drug charges to murder.
    The band is all recovering druggies and alcoholics, and their message is that you can have a whole lot of fun without drugs and alcohol. It is also a Christian message. I really believe that it is the right message to the right audience at the right time. If we can help one kid turn his/her life around it is worth everything we put into it.
    Mrs. A. and I have been doing this for a couple of years now, and it is a lot of work, and performing for the incarcerated is not the happiest venue. The band has 11,000 Lbs. of gear, and it takes several hours to set up a full light show and sound system. Bi the time we load up the truck, drive to where the show is, do the show, break down the set and load everything back in the truck, it is usually a 20 hour day or so.
    The weather was very cooperative, everything went smoothly, and we had a good time.
    Yesterday was so beautiful that I was forced to break out the BBQ for the first time this year. I BBQ'd a rolled rump roast. It was delicious. I insist on charcoal and a WEBER. Otherwise I will not be held responsible for the results. Let's let the fact that there were no leftovers for me to take to lunch today speak for itself.
    No pictures yet. I haven't had time to transfer them from camera to computer.

    3 comments:

    Daphnewood said...

    sounds like a perfect weekend. I must have read this after you added the pics though ;)

    whenever you blog about food, I am always hungry after reading about it. it always sounds so good compared to the menu around here. yes, jealousy rears its ugly head.

    Al said...

    BBQ'd chicken in mango ghutney glaze tonight. YYYUUUMMM

    Anonymous said...

    Excellent, love it! Facts on modern cars big breasts