Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday, Monday

Which is, of course a song by the Mommas And Papas, which starts out "Monday Monday, can't trust that day". Kinda sums up my feeling about Monday.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was busy but good. Went to a retirement party with MRS A. for one of her co-workers. It was OK.

Worked on the Z, worked on the Mercedes, did some yard work, took a recycle trip to the dump for cardboard and newspapers. When I was there a guy next to me had a Huffy girls 18 speed bike in the back of his truck along with the garbage. I asked him if he was throwing it away. When he said "Yes" I told him I would take it off of his hands. It is a perfectly good bike, absolutely nothing wrong with it. I took it home cleaned it up and oiled the chain and it is just fine. I have no need of it, but I bet I can find a kid in the neighborhood who needs a bike. It just seemed such a shame to see it go in the dump.

I did something I swore I would never do, and that covers a lot of ground. I co-signed for a line of credit for R. She has supported herself for about three years now, has always paid her bills on time.

Well, she got a DUI. amd the court fees and lawyers fees came to almost $5,000.00. I told her I would not pay or loan her the money. She had until the last day of May to pay the fines and court costs, or they would put her in jail. I waited until the last minute before I told her I would co-sign on a line of credit to keep her from going to jail, but I let her sweat some first.

I got the lawnmower running yesterday. I have no idea how old it is. I got it from my dad seven years ago, and I don't have any idea how long he had it before that. It refused to run the other day, so I pulled it all apart yesterday, cleaned everything and put it back together. It started with the first pull.

Now comes the hard part: getting someone else to use it.

4 comments:

Retro Girl said...

Hmmm. What about the Tom Sawyer theory? (Where he had to paint the fence and to get out of it he made it look like the most fun anyone could ever have...and all the local kids begged to have a turn...while he sat back and relaxed...)

Anyone around that would fall for that? LOL

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That was nice of you to fix up that bike!

Yeesh...I know ALL ABOUT DUI's and court fees, etc. The PK has had SEVERAL DUI's...(a few before he met me) and I KNOW how expensive they can be!!!

Al said...

Retro Girl: Good idea. Much to my astonishment, when I got home yesterday, the kids were already mowing the lawn! It must be a sign of the Apocalypse.

PQ: I've never had a DUI, but it's not because I never deserved one. Timing is everything.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Exactly!

I've been there a time or two myself!