Thursday, June 15, 2006

Shocker

I was over at the Peanut Queen's this morning, and her blog started me down this path, so since she is royalty and I am not, we will blame this on her.

She was talking about using a cattle prod on the PK's left nut to stop him from snoring, and it reminded me of this.

When I was working in a different building, which has since been razed and leveled, we had a carpet that was really bad about building up a charge of static electricity. We had to go get stuff off of these metal storage shelves, and I swear I have jumped a spark at least an inch a couple of times.

Several of us got in the habit of carrying around a small piece of metal, which we would use to ground ourselves. You got pretty jumpy after the hundreth time you got shocked.

One of the guys I worked with carried around a silver dollar with him. He liked to walk up to people and show them the coin. Of course when he did, he shocked the hell out of them. He found it highly amusing.

One day, I had been up doing something or the other and was coming back to my desk, when I noticed the guy was sitting on the corner of a desk kinda spraddle legged. These were the old metal desks with a formica top. They had a metal piece of trim running around the edge. I wondered what would happen if I grounded myself on that piece of metal trim. It seemed to be running right under his crotch.

Yep. I jumped a spark about an inch, and he rose to the occasion.

YYEEEOOOUUUCCCHHH!!!

He did a little dance while hloding on to his package. I almost felt guilty.

Almost.

9 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh that was PRICELESS, Al! I LOVED it! ;)

(And go ahead, blame me...I don't care. If it brings to mind stories like the one you just told, it's well worth it!)

Al said...

Glad to be jester for the PQ

Michael said...

That's just cruel Al... I like it!

Al said...

Michael: I always try to inspire my fellow team members to rise to new heights!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Um, Al...I think you're in trouble...someones waiting for your reply over at my lair.

Al said...

Got it covered!

Daphnewood said...

that is hilarious. serves him right. thanks for the laugh

Al said...

Happy to oblige. More to come.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
http://www.pdr-zyrtec.info/Eyeglasses-templeless.html Fed. tax publications Reactive hypoglycemia zoloft budget mcafee virus scan Flash cadillac Honeymoon romance services student adventure travel http://www.lamborghiniturnkeyreplicas.info/multitripinsurancesamoa.html All inclusive mexico trips http://www.travel-9.info/georgia-travel-burea.html international travel http://www.healthinsurance18.info/health-insurance-medical-united.html Triple s product llc golf club labels Peeing outside gallery