Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Feeling fuelish

One summer, over on the farm, we were all busily working on various projects.

I forget whose chore it was to mow the lawn, but they had run out of gas about halfway through the job. This was no big deal, because we had a 55 gallon drum of agricultural gas down in the garage.

Whoever it was had gotten an old mason jar full of gas and filled up the lawn mower. There was a quite a bit of gas left, which they left sitting out until the chore was over.

Enter my little sister Susie, who thought it looked tasty, and started drinking it.

We never did figure out how much gas she consumed, but suddenly she was tearing around the yard like crazy. Some adult (I believe it was my mom) went to check on her and detected the smell of gasoline on her breath.

It was a panicky trip to the doctors office. The doctor looked her over and figured she had not ingested enough gas to do her any harm.

We asked how long we could expect her to be running around like crazy.

The Doc said "Oh, she should run out of gas pretty soon."

6 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That's bad! :)

The PK tells a story (and the first time I heard it, I was horrified)...did I tell you about it? I know I just told someone about it.

He said that when he was a kid, he had a dog...and one day, they had a bucket of gasoline uin the garage (they were using it to clean up greasy tools) and this dog got into it and drank some of the gasoline. The The PK says "All of the sudden, the dog started running around in circles...he just kept running and running and running...then sudden'y, he just fell over!"

Of course, being the dork I am, I was horrified...and I asked "Oh my God...what happened? Did he die? Did drinking the gas kill him?"

The PK was like "Nope...he'd just run out of gas."

GAH!!!

NWJR said...

I wondered what fueled your imagination.

Weren't you supposed to guest blog for Rick Leonard?

Al said...

PQ: Yes, you told me the story. It reminded me of this story, which by the way, is absolutely true except for the punch line. When I heard the punch line, I thought "What a perfect way to end the Susie story.

nwjr: It's a gas, gas, gas. The Rickster is spreading his favors around,and I got only Teusday. Perhaps he was afraid of what I might do to his blog.

sue said...

*groan*

Al said...

WHAT????

Anonymous said...

Hee Hee Hee Hee