Friday, September 07, 2007

Jerking the chain

No, No, No.

That's not anything like spanking the monkey or choking the chicken.

It's more like putting the dog on a chain and then throwing a ball. I've never done this personally. I've just seen it in cartoons.

I set up an appointment to have the oil changed in the Pathfinder, so I e-mailed Mrs A to let her know which day I was having it done.

I mentioned that since I was taking the car in she would have to drive one of the other cars.

Since the Blazer will be gone by then, that leaves two choices.

One: The Z. She hates driving the Z. She hates being so low to the ground. No power steering or windows or anything. You have too DRIVE it not point it. It is very responsive, and fast. she is also afraid what would happen if she damaged my "baby".

Two: The Airstream. 20 feet long nine and a half feet high, wieghs about 8,000 lbs. SHe would feel intimidated by it. I think the biggest thing she ever drove is the Pathfinder.

So I floated my e-mail out there like a fisherman floating a dry fly, waiting too see if I could get a rise.

She replied that she laughed out loud at my suggestions.



I must be getting to be too predictable.

2 comments:

rennratt said...

You have no email posted, so I will try to answer here:
For guest hosting at Rick's:

Type in your 'sign on' and password exactly - caps, etc. For example, if your sign on is "GUEST", type in all caps. If it is "Guest", type it exactly as it appears.


It SHOULD allow you in then.

I signed in earlier, following the above, and had no problems whatsoever. Except with 'spell check'. I couldn't figure that out at ALL.

Unfortunately, I am not terribly well versed in Word Press. I'm not well versed in Blogger, either.

I think that Tracy Lynn is probably your best bet.

Sorry that I couldn't be more help!

Al said...

Renn: Thanks for trying, but the e-mail ling that Rick sent wont work. I tried it and I just get an error message. I have never used Wordpress, don't know a thing about it.

My e-mail is: al.warren@comcast.net