Saturday, September 15, 2007

Mrs A's New Toy


Here's our new acquisition. It is a 2007 Chev HHR. Yes BRAND STINKING NEW! I think at the moment it has 38 miles on it from us driving it around.

It has all the bells and whistles. Air conditioing, stereo system (with MP3 port) automatic. power heated seats. power windows, high performance 4 cyl engine, sun roof, roof rack. Remote start. Anti-skid brakes. It drives real nice and is responsive enough to get the job done.

I traded in the Pathfinder. I kinda hated to see it go. It has been a good car and we have had some good times in it. But it had outlived it's purpose.

We bought it to go camping. Lots of room for gear. Four wheel drive. When I bought the Airstream, it became redundant. So I thought "Why the hell am I driving around a car that gets 12 miles to the gallon?"

I still wanted something that could haul a nice load of stuff, but get good gas mileage. Style is important to me, and I like the way the HHR looks. Plus the fact that it gets 30 miles to the gallon on the road.

We are going on vacation to the Oregon coast next week, and it will be a good chance to break it in.

The car payment will be almost exactly the same as it was for the Pathfinder, so for the same amount of money we will be driving a brand new car.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It's a beautiful car - have fun in Oregon...

Anonymous said...

SWEET!

Al said...

Princess Extrotdinaire: It will be a good oportunity to "Break in" the new wheels. We always have a good time in Oregon.

NCP: Thanks. It is Mrs A's car even though I make the payments, but it's something I won't mind driving either.

sue said...

Very nice! I love new toys...

Al said...

Sue: Thanks. She loves it, and I think it "fits" her. And it will be a lot easier on her pocketbook.

Al said...

Mr. Fab. Neener, neener, neener. It scares me a little that we have the same tastes.

Michael said...

Looks like a fun ride! It is exciting to get a new car, no doubt about that!

Al said...

Michael: Even though it's Mrs A's car, I know it's the right car at the right time. Plus she and I can say I bought it for her.