Thursday, September 20, 2007

Gettin' Out of Dodge

Time to hit the road again.

Mrs A and I and her sister are leaving tomorrow for the Oregon Coast. We have a week at the Condo at Rockaway Beach. That's about 15 miles North of Tillamook, 20 miles south of Cannon Beach.

We love it there, and with the kiddies all in school, it should be quiet.

We really don't have any plans once we get there. We will probably go down to Tillamook and hit the cheese factory, and stop at Tillamook County Smokehouse and get a bunch of their Honey Glazed Jerky. Go up to Cannon Beach one day and hit the shops and go get the worlds best chowder for lunch. Probably take the hike out to the end of the Tillamook Spit and back (8 miles) Walk on the beach, read, listen to music, consume adult beverages, watch some movies and read a good book.

Maybe or maybe not.

Y'all stop by.

I hope they have a Wi-FI connection soo I can send you some pictures and maybe post something. We'll see.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheese AND Jerky!?

I'm in heaven

Michael said...

Have a great trip, I'm hopping on the bike and heading out to the Lake Crescent area with a friend. We'll be overnighting at the Lake Crescent Lodge, looking forward to that!

Al said...

NCP: And probably a good bottle of wine. You know, with a cork and everything.

I've never stayed there, although I have stayed at Kalaloch and Lake Quinault. Give me a report when you get back.

An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

sounds like lots of fun. have a nice time sweetie.

xxxxxxxxx

sue said...

Have fun - sounds like a good time!

Al said...

EW: It will be a gas I am sure.

Al said...

Sue: I can't wait.

rennratt said...

Who stays with V while you're gone?

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Hey, there's some fairly decent wine that comes in a box too...;)

Anyway, hope you're having a great time! :)

Al said...

Renn: L. is living with us at the moment, so it works out cool.

PQ: Just got back, and it was grear!