Monday, May 12, 2008

At Last

I was perusing e-bay, checked for all things Jensen Healey, and there was the intake manifold to match up my Dellorto carbs with the Lotus 907 engine!

I jumped all over that like ugly on an ape.

I had a standing order in with the Jensen Healey Preservation Society, but they didn't have any in stock, and were maybe getting one out of New Zeeland at some vague date in the future.

The one on order, which I had already paid for was $400. The one on e-bay was $250.

JHPS sent me my money back. Now when I get the new intake I can assemble all the bits and pieces and put my fancy carbs on, thus adding 20HP to my sports car.

OOHHHH Horsepower. Monkey man LIKE horsepower.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Congrats! A find like that can really make your day...

Al said...

And saving $150 didn't hurt my feelings at all.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I think just about every human on the planet with testicles likes horsepower.

It's in the DNA or something.

;)

Al said...

PQ: Gotta be something with the testosterone.