Monday, May 19, 2008

A Day Off

I had Sunday off, but when you only get one day off, once in a while, two things are true.

1) The things you NEED to do become more iportant than the things you WANT to do. Since we are taking out the Airstream this coming weekend, it was more important that I work on it than swill beer watch baseball.

2) Your spouse will need a lot of attention. Because of me being on second shift, there are days when we don't even see each other. Mrs A. will constantly interrupt whatever I am doing to get me to come help her with whatever SHE is working on. Usually she can do it herself, she just wants me to pay attention to her.

We did get a lot accomplished. I even got a little while to work on Jenny the Jensen Healey. Convertible weather is apon us, and I sill have her torn apart. I will consider myself fortunate indeed if I get the car together and running before Summer is over. Things will slow down in July when the first P8-A rolls out of the factory, but I still have a lot of work to do.

The one project I have been mulling over is carb linkage. The Dellorto's will need me to design a piece of linkage to sync the carbs. It will need to be pretty robust to take all the abuse I plan on giving it, but also carefully crafted so it functions perfectly. I have a design beginning to take shape in my head, but will need a couple of days to refine it before I attempt to make and install it. And of course nothing works perfectly the first time. Strange that way. They always work so perfectly when they are in my head.......

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Jenny? What's the other one named?

Glad you got stuff done and had some time with Mrs. A. I think the "come help me, I can't do it without you" is a girl thing. We just like to have our men around sometimes.

Al said...

Sarah: Yeah, I know about the just wanting us around, but it irritates the hell out of me when I am busy and have to drop everything and go "help" Mrs A. Which other one? Zelda the Z? Annie the Airstream?

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yeah...I had one of those "need to do things Sunday" too. Not much fun...but my house sure is a lot cleaner! :)

sue said...

I really do hate only having one day off in a row (hmmm... somehow that doesn't sound right, but you get the drift, don't ya?). If I have two, then I can get my chores done on one day and totally veg the second day and do something fun... with only one day I feel obligated to do the chores and am left feeling I got NO day off. I don't do well without days off.

Sarah said...

I thought you had two Jenson Healeys---wondered what the other one was named. It amuses me you've named all the cars!

Al said...

Stacy: Having a big list of "need to do's" keeps me from enjoying doing nothing. Danm house and cars anyway.

Sue: A person does need a do-nothing day now and then. I just can't remember when my last one was.

Sarah: I guess the other Jensen doesn't have a name because it is a donor car. I just call it "The Heap". It would be like naming the cow you are going to have slaughtered for beef.