Friday, May 02, 2008

More OT

Once again this weekend I will be working both days. With Mrs A semi-retired, we definitely are missing her salary. She has a small pension, and works some at Curves, so she still works some, the difference being that she likes what she does, and she also does some volunteer work.

I want to get all of the bills paid off while I have the chance to work the OT. I have the Visa bill down to $600.00, and my line of credit paid off, but Mrs A still has about four grand on her line of credit, and we have a couple of small loans to pay off, but I see no reason we can't be pretty much in the clear by the end of the year.

We have Labor negotiations this December. The SPEEA contract with Boeing expires in December, and I want to have enough set aside to be able to weather a couple of months in case we go on strike.

The P8-A was moved into position outside our office window yesterday, and they have started puting the wings on. We were moderately busy yesterday, but things have gone much better that I has anticipated.

They have to keep me busy. If they don't I start looking on e-bay, and I can always find a car part or tool I just HAVE to have. Last night it was Velocity Stacks for the Dellorto Carbs. No I don't NEED them, but they look so cool......

You don't understand a single word I just said, do you?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm guessing my eyes just glazed over they way your's probably would if I started talking all sciency, but if you enjoy it, wonderful!

Rick said...

I understood "weekend." Have as best as you can.

Al said...

Sarah: Each of us has our own magical language. Sometimes the words don't matter. "Just talk sciency to me baby, it curls the hair on the back of my neck."

Rick: I still have a couple of hours here and there to do stuff I want to do. Maybe I'll go and see if I can't get the Jensen fired up.

Sarah said...

If only John liked sciency talk, instead of going all glazed-eyed. Enjoy your weekend!

Al said...

Sarah: I'm pretty sure there are a couple of beers out there with my name on them. I know that glaed-eye look well. Mrs A. gets it when I talk cars.

Michael said...

It all made sense to me ;-)

Al said...

Michael: Ah, a fellow motor-head.