Monday, May 26, 2008

Still Tired, but it's a GOOD tired

We left on Saturday and went down to my cousin Ginger's place for a little family reunion. Ginger is one of my favorite people on the face of the Earth. When we get together, it is always a lot of fun. She and her husband Pat have a beautiful home in the little town of Coburg, Oregon, which is just outside Eugene.

I should mention that their home is featured in the Summer 2008 issue of Creative Home magazine. The lead-in article. If you have the opportunity to see it, please note that I have swilled beer, told stories, and spilled guacamole in the featured breakfast nook.

What a blast to spend time to people that you love and have no pretenses with. We traded witty reparte' and reminisced.

My Uncle came up from Mexico, and it was great to see him. He travelled with Adrianna, and his Godson, Diego. Diego is a quite tallented Cello player, and he gave us a little concert after dinner each night. And no, it wasn't one of those "I think my teeth hurt" moments. The kid is genuinely tallented. Adrianna is a lovely genuine person who is easy to be around, delightful to look at, and curious about everything. Being around a whole house full of my family can be a little challenging at times, but she moved easily with the changes, picked up the backbeat, and came in on the chorus.

It was wonderful to see my Uncle Ben, who is a respected historian in Morelia Mexico. He brought with him a half hour DVD produced by the College extolling his accomplishments. I have enough Spanish that it was not totally incomprehensible, but it was obvious how much respect they hold him in.

Restful weekend? Yes and No. I did get in about ten hours of good solid sleep Saturday Night.

But it was always a hotbed of activity, and I loved every minute of it. Whenever we get together with Ginger and Pat, it's like we have to cram a couple of years worth of activity into a couple of days.

Maybe we should visit more often.

5 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Sounds like you DO need to visit more often. Life is like that though, isn't it?

sue said...

Sounds like good times! Isn't it nice to have family like that and to be able to actually enjoy visiting? I'm jealous! ;)

Glad to hear you got some rest, too!

Al said...

PQ: We always say "We've got to do this more often", but they are busy and we are busy, so finding a weekend when one or the other of us don't have plans is next to impossible.

Sue: I love my family, and really appreciate the fact that we can get together without fighting or arguing.

rennratt said...

A 'good tired' is a wonderful thing!

I'm glad you finally got some time away with your wife!

Al said...

Renn: I can sleep when I am "good" tired, but not when I am exhausted. And it was great to get away.