Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Getting Better

Things at work have been crazy busy the last couple of days.

The closer the aircraft gets to the door, the higher the anxiety, because there is less time to fix things. I've had a couple of real battles in the last couple of days, but for the most part have come up on top.

The first thing is that there are no unimportant parts on an aircraft. One rivet not installed properly could cause a loss of cabin pressure, one wire not terminated properly could cause the failure of a critical electronic system at a critical point. Everything has to be taken seriously.

We aren't building Toyotas here. If something goes wrong, you can't pull it over to the curb and call AAA. This isn't building toasters. If something goes wrong, you end up with burned people, not burned toast. I take the whole thing very seriously.

So I am passionate about what I do. I hope that everyone else takes it as seriously as I do. When I fly, I do so with confidence, and I am in a position to understand the incredibly complex piece of machinery to which we trust our lives.

I love what I do, and am proud to be a part of producing the safest, most reliable transportation on the face of and above the Earth.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

And we're all glad that you (and hopefully everyone else) takes what you do so seriously!

Al said...

Sarah: If they don't I hope they find something else to do.

rennratt said...

I wish that EVERYONE approached their jobs like you approach yours! Our country would be in much better shape!

Al said...

Renn: It is a part of my opinion that each of us mmust take responsibility for out own actions. To me that is THE basic building block of society.