Friday, March 06, 2009

It Might Have been a Joke

Mrs A and I are going to Jazz Alley tomorrow to see Manhattan Transfer. A good show, a good meal, and a good night out.

I went to the Jazz Alley home page to check out what was coming up.

There are three shows in May I want to see. I can't get the time off to see all three, so decisions have to be made. Tower of Power is coming and Saturday the 2nd of May would be good. Keiko Matsui is coming, and Saturday the 16th would work out. Karrin Allyson is coming, and Saturday the 23rd would work out.

Thing is, I can't get the time off for all of them. As I have said, I work seven days a week right now with every third weekend off.

Mrs A has been after me to go see a funky Jazz Band, and Tower of Power must have their picture next to the definition of Funky Jazz Band. Keiko Matsui is such a dynamic performer, and a world class keyboardist. Karrin Allyson we went and saw as our first date ever.

Damn. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

I was deciding what to do, when it occurred to me that this was a perfect situation to play a joke on Mrs A.

Scenario:

Dear, I want you to sit down, I have somethhing to tell you.

This has not been an easy decision for me, but I want to be honest with you. I really wouldn't want for you to find out from someone else, so I want to be honest with you. Not telling the truth is the same as telling a lie, so I want to be upfront with you.

Then I tell her about the concerts and what my decision was.

But then I decided I would rather live.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Good choice. I wouldn't have blamed her!

Al said...

Sarah: The general opinion was that anything that happened to me would have been justified.

rennratt said...

As a wife, I would have teetered between finding it funny and beating you senseless.

You probably made the right choice.

Al said...

Renn: I told her about the concerts and then the joke. She didn't find it funny at all. I think she might have killed me before I got to the punch line.