Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Down but not out.

I''ve been down with the crud for the last three days.

Woke up Sunday with a temperature of 101, a sore throat, dizzy and aching all over. Spent the next couple of days in bed. Today the fever was still up there in the morning, but has come down over the course of the day. Guess I'll be back to work tomorrow.

Maybe I should quit working so many days in a row.

Friday we are going to the ocean for a couple of days, to celebrate Mrs A's birthday, which is Saturday. Then next week is our anniversary.

I sure hope she doesn't catch the crud from me. "Happy birthday dear, here's a case of the crud!"

Last year we went out of town for her birthday and she got sick. It would really suck if we had a repeat.

Since I had a sore throat and wasn't going out, I ran out of cigarettes on Saturday night, so I decided now was as good a time as any to quit. A couple of years ago I quit for a year. but living with a smoker makes it difficult. Mrs A is trying to quit. She went out and bought herself this fake cigarette. It has a heating element that vaporized nicotine and you cut down on the dosage over time. So maybe if she quits, I can give it up again.

Three days and counting.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck to both of you with the quitting! And maybe it will help prevent future lung crud?

Al said...

Sarah: I didn't really notice any difference when I quit for a year.