Thursday, April 02, 2009

Six days Smokeless

It really hasn't been that difficult so far. I have never been a heavy smoker, just three to six cigarettes a day.
The fact that I feel like crap only helps with the quitting. The thought of smoking right now nauseates me. Along with a lot of other things. So I would guess I am losing weight and stopping smoking all at the same time.
It wouldn't be such a bad gig, except for the bad dreams. I have been drifting around in this surreal landscape with weird stuff happening the last couple of nights. Mostly I don't remember what happened. The only thing from last night I remember was waking up right when I was killing one of my co-workers. Don't remember the circumstances, just remember being pissed and had just started doing something about initiating his demise. Weird stuff happens when you are dreaming and running a fever. And I'm not even mad at him.
Tomorrow after work we are off to the ocean for the weekend. It will be nice to get out of Dodge for a couple of days. Just going to Westport, but there seems to be this freak of weather coming for the weekend. Temperature above 50 and no rain. Just as long as we have enough sunshine for a nice long walk on the beach. It is Mrs A's birthday, so we will pick some place nice for dinner.
R and "i" are going to stay at the house while we are gone. She was going to be here to keep an eye on V, but V is leaving tomorrow for Spring Break. Heading to Mount Bachelor for a week of snow boarding. She wants to come over anyway, because we have a 50 inch plasma screen and cable. Not to mention unlimited quantities of free food.

2 comments:

sue said...

Done smoking? VERY GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Proud of ya.

Al said...

Sue: Working on Day seven. It hasn't been too bad.