Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mini-vacation

Things at work are such that I have an opportunity to take a couple of days off.

So I will be taking off Friday and Monday, to make a four day weekend. The weather is supposed to be decent, so I hope to get the chance to twist a wrench on Frankenhealey. I would like to get back to the point where I can start it, and with a little luck bleed the brakes and maybe even drive it around the block. I don't plan on killing myself trying, but if it works out, that would be nice.

Friday I plan to sleep in and veg until Mrs A. gets home from work, then we will go see a movie, and after that go to dinner. Just a nice laid back day.

Saturday, Sunday, and Monday will be working in the yard, working on cars, church, and a few beers and more relaxing. Maybe watch a baseball game.

The Mariners have started the season in excellent shape, but it is a long season. If the players health holds up, it promises to be an interesting season. I am a fan, for good or bad, but it is a lot more fun when they are winning.

Ken Griffey Jr. is back with the club, and brings an extra element to the season. He started here, and ten years have passed since he last played with the club, but he has a huge fan base here. He got a hit in his first at home at bat. He brings a level of professionalism and focus that has been missing in the club the last couple of years. His leadership should go a long way towards keeping the team in focus, and bringing back the sense of fun that has been missing.

Mrs A and I will have to have a talk about how much baseball I will watch. When we were first got hitched, she watched the games with me. Now the truth is out. She could care less. So I believe in reasonable accommodation. I guess we will sit down and figure out what meets both our needs.

3 comments:

sue said...

Okay... I've missed something. I thought Mrs. A quit working?

Four days off sounds like heaven! Enjoy!

Al said...

Sue: Semi-retired is more like it. She can't sit around the house, so she took a job at Curves, opening the place up in the morning and working for four hours.

sue said...

Ahhhh... thanks for the info. Thought I was losing it. (Don't say it.)