Tuesday, April 28, 2009

On The Move

Monday, I moved from one desk to another. Since there is no aircraft on the line right now for P8-A, I moved back to the other side of the house for a couple of weeks. I have plenty to do, and I have no real idea why they thought I could do it better from a different location, but I really don't care where I hang my hat.
I will be in my new location for about two weeks, and will them move back to my old location. I also have a bunch of on-line training to do. I really don't have the time to do it when I am supporting the plane, so I had better take care of it now.
The cars are temporarily on hold. The weather is not particularly nice, and I am waiting for a part from the Chevy dealer which isn't due in until Thursday, so it makes for a good excuse to drink beer and watch baseball (Mariners in first place!) When the part comes in, I need to put in the new starter and cross my fingers that the truck starts. I will have eliminated all of the possibilities except for a bad relay or a bad ignition switch. When I get through with this latest iteration, the truck should be good for a couple of years of trouble-free operation (fingers crossed here!)
My parts have all come in for Frankenhealey, but I need to but a couple of gaskets and such. I also want to pull the distributor and remove the vacuum advance, but am just not in a big hurry to do anything.

6 comments:

sue said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya too.

Ugh. I hate moving.

Al said...

Sue: I didn't really move, just my laptop and phone. I left all of my other stuff over in the other area for the two weeks I will be over here.

sue said...

Oh, well, that's not moving. That's cheating. LOL

Al said...

Sue: That's not cheating, thats just efficient. I actually moved twice at once, by not moving at all.

Sarah said...

Fingers crossed!

Al said...

Sarah: I am not real confident that I have solved the problem, but each thing I do eliminates one more possibility. Eventually I will iron them all out.