Monday, April 13, 2009

A Lot More Nothing

Just another Monday.

Enough work to keep me busy and get through the day.

It was nice to have the weekend off. I spent the day Saturday vegging and then working on cars. The truck is back on the road, and I put the water pump on Frankenhealey. Since I am putting together an engine and carburetors that were never offered in the U.S., I have to get a little creative to hook things up. There are no hoses available to hook up the water pump, I have to create them. I got one hook-up done, but still have to figure out how to do a couple more things. Hopefully, the weather will turn so I can do a little more work. At least I am making progress.

Unfortunately, after spending most of the day working on cars, I woke up at 3:00 AM with my left hip in major pain. It goes this way: I have arthritis in my hips, so I take Glucosamine. When I take it, the pain goes away. Then after it goes away for a while, I quit taking the Glucosamine, and am fine for several months, until I go out and spend the day working on cars, when the pain comes back.

You think I would learn, but this pattern has repeated itself several times. So now I am back to taking the Glusosamine. It will take a couple of weeks for the pain to go away, then things will be fine.

Right now, the weather is crap. They are talking mixed rain and snow, thunder and lightning. Next week things are supposed to turn to Spring. Temps in the 60s. Sunshine.

Can't wait.

2 comments:

sue said...

My mom swears by that for her joints, too. I may have to try it one of these days. Guess it is easy for us to forget when we're feeling well, huh?

Spring? Ya think? I'll believe it when I see it... :)

Al said...

Sue: I had to scrape ice off of my windows this morning. Getting kinda late in the year for that.