Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Same old stuff

Things are slowing down at work now.
Thank God.
After several months of intense crazy seven-day-a-week work, the current bird is supposed to roll out next Monday. I have asked to have this weekend off, which would make TWO IN A ROW. I hear that people do this on a regular basis. Just not me, and just not recently.
I am burned out right now, and am looking forward to several weekends off in a row.
I need to get back to work on the truck. I replaced the alternator this week, but haven't put things back together.
The Chevy place wanted $450.00 to put in an alternator. The shade tree mechanic in me about threw up. The alternator is $136.00 and the work is minimal, so when I got back from the ocean, I took out the old alternator and bought a new one. Put the new one in yesterday, and put the battery on the charger.
I had to run some errands after work, and by the time I got home, I didn't feel like hooking everything back up. It will still be there tomorrow.
A guy could get used to this working five days a week and no overtime.
I plan on not working this weekend, get to spend some time at home, get the truck working, drink a few beers and chill out.
It has been a long time.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad you enjoyed the weekend at the ocean, and hope this coming weekend is just as relaxing and nice!

Al said...

Sarah: I just want the time to putter around in the yard and do a little work on the truck. Who knows, I might even get around to twisting a wrench on Frankenhealey.

sue said...

TWO weekends in a row? *gasp* Don't get spoiled... lol

Al said...

Sue: I hear there are people that actually do this as a regular thing. I will have about a month before I go back to the crazy schedule. I guess all the economic chaos has me in a real conservative frame of mind. I am currently consolidating everything and sticking money in savings, even though I am pretty secure. Got to remember to have a little fun along the way.