Monday, April 06, 2009

Nice Weekend, Interesting day

The weekend at the ocean was great. Having two days of sunshine back to back, on the weekend, and having them off, as well as it being Mrs As birthday. The hotel we stayed at was surprisingly nice. Chateau Westport sounds like part of a bad movie, but is actually a nice facility.
We took a side trip to Long Beach, perused the shops, I bought Mrs A a bauble, had pizza at Bluttos Pizza, walked the beach..
Went into town for waffle cones.
And that was just Saturday.
Sunday on the way home we stopped at The Westport Winery, for a wine tasting. They had some really nice fruity varietals. I bought four bottles. The one we opened when we got home was called Red Sky At Night. It is a raspberry wine with chocolate. Like drinking a Raspberry Truffle.
We also stopped at Bay City Sausage and bought some fresh pepperoni.
When we got home, I helped R bleed the brakes on her car. She did most of the work, I supervised and showed her what to do. We got it done and everything is working just fine.
Today a guy happened by and saw my RV in the driveway. He stopped and talked to Mrs A, said he wanted to buy it. She told him to come back later.
He called after I got home, and offered me four grand. I said seventy-five hundred. He came by to get a look at the inside. We settled on forty-seven hundred. I wanted to dump it because it gets like eight miles to the gallon. It had some staining inside, the air conditioner didn't work, the fridge was on the fritz. I want to take the money and set it aside and start looking for something more efficient like maybe a VW Westfalia.
Mrs A is pissed at me for selling it, but then she didn't have to drive it or work on it.

4 comments:

sue said...

First, Happy Belated Birthday to Mrs. A!!

Mmmmm... raspberry chocolate? Sounds delicious!

I know what you mean about the RV. We have an old one, too, and it is pretty much a constant battle to keep it going. We usually only take it to races now, and the price was right - my folks gave it to me. :) Still, Hubs gets his fair share of working on it and it does get to be a big gas guzzler.

Al said...

Sue: I bought it for $5,000.00, we used it for a couple of years, and sold it for $4,700.00. Basically I rented an RV for two years for $300.00. Not a bad deal.

Michael said...

I've stayed at the Chateau Westport many years ago. I really liked that part of the coast, I need to get back there sometime.

A little VW camper would be just the ticket in my mind.

Al said...

Michael: They are getting very rare, and the prices are really high, but maybe with patience and cash........