Sunday, March 22, 2009

Grandma Heaven

Mrs A is in Grandma heaven.



We are taking care of Neeko. He is about six months now, so he's not old enough to be much trouble, and he is a sweet baby. Doesn't fuss much, laughs easily and smiles a lot.



I think women love things when they are small and helpless. Once you pass the small and helpless stage, they merely tollerate you. By the time you learn the word no, it becomes a battle, usually pretty one sided. A five foot two mother can bring a six foot five man to his knees with a single searing look.



Neeko will be gone by the time I get home. I held him for a while last night so Mrs A could get on a load of laundry and fold some clothes.



He immediately fell asleep. Kids tend to do that when I hold them. I like to think it is because I am stress free and comfortable and safe. But then again, maybe I am just boring.

3 comments:

rennratt said...

I'd guess that you're simply 'grampie comfortable'.

It's meant as a compliment, even though it looks weird.

rennratt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Al said...

Renn: No matter what, I love having them lay there in my lap all comfortable, snoozing away.