Friday, March 13, 2009

Manhattan Transfer and other stuff

This week was so hectic, I forgot to report on the Manhattan Transfer show last weekend.

It was great. Not for everyone, but just what we wanted. Swing jazz vocals, Route 66, Tuxedo Junction, Birdland. I would glance over at Mrs A, ans she would be over there tapping a toe with a big grin on her face. Music that makes you feel good and puts a smile on your face. A good fun evening.

On the other end of the spectrum, L & L called and said that they were being evicted and wanted to move in with us. The same ones that just stiffed me for a $200.00 loan, and $150.00 for a used big screen TV. The ones that screamed obscenities at Mrs A over the phone. The ones that have repeatedly disrespected us for the last five years.

Mrs A called me at work so I could be the bastard. I had no problem saying "Hell NO!!!"

So right now I am probably being burned in effigy, tried an convicted EN Absentia and generally reviled. Such is the price of having standards.

I get to work both days this weekend. And next weekend, and next........

I made reservations for Tower of Power on May the 2nd, and Karrin Allyson on the 23rd. A couple of things to look forward to.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't think anyone other than L & L will fault you for those standards!!

Hope you enjoy the upcoming shows as much as the last.

Al said...

Sarah: It's still difficult. I am by nature a nurturer.

rennratt said...

Sometimes, saying no is the hardest thing to do. Even when it's the best choice.

Good for you! Especially good that you had no problem doing it when your wife REALLY needed you to.

Al said...

Renn: I knew she would REALLY agonize over it if she had to make the decision, and I wanted to spare her the agony.