Saturday, July 25, 2009

Frustration

Frankenhealey is home, and the car is beautiful. White with some really nice pearlescent effects. I particularly like the purple pearl.
Nonetheless, it would be a lot prettier if the damn car would start. I drove the car over to Gabriel's, but they had to push it back home. I tried to start it this morning, and it just won't fire. Today I installed new spark plug wires, the best you can buy. Still nothing.
I gave up and spent the rest of the afternoon making a piece for the gas pedal linkage, and it seems to be working. I had to shorten the cable by a couple of inches, and swage a new end on. It seems to be working just fine, but I won't know until I get it to run.
Next I will sort out the brakes. I have never had off the back wheels, so I don't know what kind of shape things are in back there. I know there is a lot of slop in the pedal, and it may be that the back shoes are out of adjustment. At any rate, I need to take off the wheels and check things out. Lord knows what disaster lurks unseen.
I will be back at it again tomorrow.

No comments: