Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Too Stinkin' Hot

I am not going out and working on the car tonight or tomorrow.

It is 95 degrees today, humidity 77%. Tomorrow is supposed to be over 100 degrees. I have a bunch of work to do on the brakes, but it isn't worth risking heat stroke to do the work. I have lost 9 pounds in the last three days while working on the car. Enough is enough.

I really want to take the car to the annual Boeing Employees car show, and I am goal oriented person, and I have told people I would bring it, and I keep my word. I will work on it this weekend when the temperature drops back into the 80's. If I get it done, I get it done. If not, I will take the Z to the car show.

But I will be disappointed.

4 comments:

Michael said...

It is *too* freakin' hot! I spent this morning (while it was still cool) installing a new screen door and a ceiling fan in order to move more air around. No A/C here!

Al said...

Michael: For once, I got the timing right. The new heat pump went in two weeks ago. Keeps the house at a steady 74 degrees. I'm getting spoiled. Now if I could just figure out how to get it out to the car........

rennratt said...

I think you're getting the standard southern summer weather!

We've had a week or so of crazy hot weather, followed by thunderstorms. I think it has rained/stormed every day this week.

I'm not complaining.

Al said...

Renn: I know that this weather would come as no shock to lots of the country, but here we are not used to it. We have set all kinds of all-time temperature records this week. I think the moss on my north side is dying.