Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Heat Pump

I have needed to replace the existing heat pump for the last couple of years. The emergency heat part of it has worked, but is expensive to run, so we have elected to use the pellet stove for heat, which is a lot cheaper.

With all of the overtime I have been working this year, I have the money saved up to pay cash for a new heat pump. Last year I got several estimates, so the time has come to just get 'er done. So I called and placed the order today. The guy came out and confirmed everything. I upgraded one step from what I was looking at last year, and it qualifies for Federal Tax credit to the tune of about $1500.00. It in the long run actually will cost me LESS. The upgrade is about $800.00.

They are coming next Monday to install the new heat pump. I will have to take a day off work, a sacrifice I am willing to make. Right now I am pretty burned out. After all, the schedule has pretty much been 19 days of work and two days off since the beginning of the year.

My sinuses have been killing me the last couple of days, so I took the day off today. I figured as long as I had the day off, I might as well take care of business.

Next will come the siding on the south side of the house.

No comments: