Monday, July 13, 2009

Heat Pump Finis

I took the day off so the guys from the heating service could get in and out of the house.

And so I could watch of course.

It is a genuine pleasure to watch true professionals go about their work. They worked quickly and with great skill. At one time I considered doing it myself. I am SOOOOO glad I didn't. It is worth the extra overtime I worked to get he money together to have the pros do it. I watched them, just because I love knowing how things are done. It gave me a real appreciation of what they do.

The only setback was that the electrician had to replace a bunch of wiring, an expense I hadn't anticipated. The original heat pump had been put in about 25 years ago, and the code has changed. The original wiring was aluminum. Code no longer allows aluminum wiring to be used for heat sources like furnaces and heat pumps.

Add $600.00 to the bill.

Still, it needed to be done, and now it is. I have the money set aside.

Finis.

Oh, and by the way, my sis, Lori in Minnesota suggested Huckleberry preserves as a wedding gift. They definitely can't get that in Mexico.

It just so happens that a good friend of Mrs A. makes gourmet preserves, and markets them. We keep a constant supply on hand, as she makes the best sugar free jams and jellies I have ever had. Funny we never thought of it.

At any rate we are having her put together a special batch. I know Uncle Ben will love them. I hope his bride will as well.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I was thinking marionberry something-or-other, or some nice wine from the region? But preserves are right up that alley!

Al said...

Sarah: Good suggestions, also. Mrs A's friend is puting together a special gift package for them.