Thursday, July 23, 2009

Winding Down

This coming weekend, I will be off for the SECOND WEEKEND IN A ROW!

All I can say it it is about time. I have pretty much been doing a nineteen days on two days off schedule since the first of the year. It doesn't leave much time for a social life, or time to take care of business outside of work.

Frankenhealey is still in paint. Every day I hope it will be done, but so far, no. It is being done RIGHT, so I really can't complain. I just need to get it back so I can fix a few things.

The annual Boeing Employees Car Show is on August 6th, and I am going to bring it to the show. I need to work on the brakes, the gas pedal linkage, and sync the carbs. Not a whole bunch, but I will feel a whole lot better when I can get it done. The weather is supposed to be in the 90's this weekend, so to me that is a little too hot to work on cars. But I have to get it done. It it gets too hot to work on the car, I can always fire up the pressure washer.

Things will slow down soon at work, so I can look forward to having a normal life for several months. Lots of projects to get done.

And a vacation to take.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - I bet there are a LOT of Boeing engineers who like to work on cars... that's gotta be a cool show

Al said...

NCP: There are always a bunch of exceptional cars there. Kinda heavy on the muscle cars for my tastes. No telling what might show up. Everything from AC Cobra to restored Westfalia. But I've never seen a Jensen Healey.