Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Toy

Mrs A bought me a new toy for my birthday.

A pressure washer.

I have mixed feeling bout this. In a way it is the same as if I bought her a new vacuum cleaner for her birthday, a definite no-no. On the other hand, I have several projects lined up already.

The front deck. The patio off of the kitchen. The driveway. The engine compartment of Frankenhealey. But it all sounds a lot like work.

I'm not sure what I want to do for my birthday, Saturday. On one hand, the Band is playing on Vashon for the hundreth anniversary Strawberry Festival, and we are invited to hang out with them and camp out for a couple of days. I have an Aunt and Uncle that live over there and it would be a chance to go visit them.

On the other hand, they are opening the new light rail link to downtown, and it would be nice to use it to go downtown without all the hassle of driving and parking. We love to wander the waterfront and the Pike Place Market. Then we could catch dinner.

On another hand, I would like to go up to Deception Pass and spend the day hiking and exploring, then stop off in Annacortes for dinner. Stop on the way back and get some frexh seafood (and I do mean fresh).

On the last hand, I could just stay home and putter around the place, do some pressure washing, maybe turn a wrench or make the linkage piece for Frnkenhealey, then BBQ a mess of ribs.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

4 comments:

~grey said...

all of your choices sound wonderful!

a pressure washer is a very fun toy... I love to play with those!

(and I got a vacuum for my birthday... love it!!!)

thanks for all your support and kind words!
Deb

Al said...

Deb: At least all the choices are positive ones, and each one has it's good point. Glad to be able to boost someone up. We all need to hear positive things.

Sarah said...

Happy early birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day. And maybe do something fun but leave the power washing for later.

Al said...

Sarah: Thanks. We are going to go to Deception Pass and go hiking, then hit the Rock Fish Cafe in Annecortes for a meal, but some fresh shrimp so I can mmake shrimp Gumbo on Sunday.