Thursday, May 11, 2006

Car Quest.

I spent a good bit of time yesterday perusing craiglist looking at cars. L & N cannot do much of anything without a car, and they have been borrowing one of mine to run errands and stuff. Since L got her drivers license, they are legal, but they have no car insurance. My Insurance will cover if it is an emergency. It would cost me around $250.00 a month to add them to my insurance. All indicators are that they will be with us for three or four months, so it would cost me $750 to $1000 to cover their insurance. Much better to take that money and go buy them a car that will get them around.

So, I am supposed to go look at a car tonight. It is a 1972 Mercedes 280 with a stick shift. There isn't supposed to have anything wrong with it. Don't think I'll believe that is true. It is $650, so if it is not at deaths door, it should do just fine. Those old Mercedes' are good for a lot of miles, as long as maintenance is taken care of. I'll have to take a real close look at it.

Mrs A. is going in to the doctors for a pre-op check with the Podiatrist, so I may be going alone.

4 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

You know, I am 37 years old and have YET to learn how to drive a stick shift.

But I can ride a motorcycle and shift gears just fine.

Doesn't make sense, does it? ;)

Al said...

Although my BIL owns a Harley dealership, I have never owned a motorcycle. Mrs A. can ride a horse, but she can't ride a bicycle. Go figure

Daphnewood said...

you are really generous. Will they have basic coverage (liability) on their own car?

Al said...

I figure that is their problem. There is only so much I can do.