Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was OK but not the best I have ever had. It rained here in Alville most of the weekend.
The mission for the weekend was pretty simple. Get the Mercedes running well, and do a little work on the Z. Actually N. got the Mercedes running, and I just adjusted the timing and the fuel mixture.
N. had no mechanical skills whatsoever, so I have been teaching him the basics as we go along. I had stopped with the timing half done, and intended to finish up the other night. When I got home from work I went upstairs to change and I heard the starter going UH-UH-UH-UH, then stop, then start again. After a while I heard the engine pop, and about the time I got outside, it fired and started to run. N. came running up the walk pumping both arms and yelling "A win for the home team". I have never seen him so jazzed. I was actually proud of him. Maybe it will give him something to build from. At any rate, after we finished with the car, it was running pretty good despite the fact it has a regular screw filling the hole for one of the needle valves. They had no problems with it all weekend, and they drove the heck out of it.
The Z needed to have the differential tightened up. No big deal, but I spent most of the weekend waiting for a window in the weather to get out and do it.
So basically we spent the weekend laying around watching movies or puttering around the house.
Mrs A. is having foot surgery tomorrow, so I have to take the day off to drive her around. She is scheduled to check in the Hospital at 5:20 AM, so I guess we will be getting up at zero dark thirty (sigh). Take a day off work, and I don't get to sleep in.

4 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I know what you mean...next Friday my Peanut Mom goes in to have her pacemaker replaced and neither one of us is looking forward to that! Any surgery is scary, you know?

Al said...

Any time you have to go under anesthesia is no fun.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»