Tuesday, May 16, 2006

"D" is for.........

I was over at daphnewood and she was doing this thing where you take a letter of the alphabet and write 10 words down that start with the letter and explain what each on means to you. So she gave me the letter "D".

1) Delight: We should all never lose our sense of delight in the world. There is a whole universe of delight in a single flower. All we have to do is see it.

2) Destiny: A word that always sends me off on a mental trip. Are we determinate creatures? Do we have free will, or are we destined to a certain end?

3) Determination: One of my better character traits. Pure talent without determination gets you nowhere. Intelligence without determination gets you in the door, but no more.

4) Definistrate: Just because I like the word. It means to commit a political act of assisination by throwing someone out of a window. Another of my cache of useless information.

5) Demons: We all have them. Those things that live in the back closet of your head, and only come out at night. I have a great fear of going blind. Part of this is because I have terrible eyesight and part of it is because both my dad and grandfather went blind from Macular degeneration, so I think it is probably enevitable. If I can't read I'll go nuts.

6) Deck: I need to put a new deck on the house this summer. The old one is pretty rotten, and if I don't someone is going to fall through. This is the last major project I have left on the house. After this it will be in good enough shape to sell. But I have lived there 18 years, raised my kids there. I hate to let it go.

7) Dugout: AAHHH the days of summer when I played on baseball teams. I was always borderline first string. When I was hot I played a quite a bit, when I was cold I spent considerable amount of time in the dugout. I normally played second base, but I occasionally pitched. Lots of fond memories.

8) Dairy: My family ran a dairy in Northern Idaho. It is no longer in the family, but I have lots and lots of wonderful memories of the Farm. I have blogged some about them, and you can rest assured there will be more.

9) Dark: A lot of people are afraid of the dark, but I actually enjoy it. It is peaceful and quiet, and in general you aren't disturbed a lot. I like to sit out on the deck after dark and think.

10) Dog: Just because daphnewood said cat. I like dogs, but I also like cats, fish, birds, reptiles. At one time or another I have had a lot of different kinds of pets. Right now we only have one: Molly the shi-tzu. She is mainly Mrs A's baby, but I love her too.

So there we have my version of the letter "D".

If you want to use the concept, have at it, or leave a comment and if you ask nice, I will give you your very own letter of the alphabet.

7 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ooo...I liked this!

And I love all animals too...but I am definitely a dog person! ;)

Al said...

I thought is was interresting, and I didn't have a lot I WANTED to say, so it made good filler.

Daphnewood said...

Destiny- you sent me off thinking and I love words that do that. It will be on my mind all day.

Definistrate- you taught me a new word. I will have to show it off in front of the brain surgeon I live with. I love when I get to feel smarter than him.

Dark- peas in a pod, you and I. I love the dark too.

My favorite word though was "determination" because it really sums you up. You are determined and it is something to be admired. I hate wimps ;)

Al said...

Thanks for the support, and thanks for the idea and the letter. It was fun.

Al said...

Thanks for the support, and thanks for the idea and the letter. It was fun.

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »