Thursday, May 25, 2006

Creepy Crawlies

I was talking about centipides and why the give me the creeps. I also mentioned earwigs. They give me the willies.

I think this is because of a Twilight Zone episode I saw way back when (in black and white). There was a guy who was in South America for whatever reason. I don't remember that part of the plot. What I do remember is someone dropped an earwig in his right ear as he was sleeping. Then they did something to drive it in. The guy ended up in the hospital, where they mornitored what was happening. The earwig was eating its was through his brain in an effort to find a way out.
The last scene is one of those good news/bad news scenes:

"The good news is that the earwig has come out the other side and you seem to be doing fine.
The bad news is it was female, and laid eggs."

It totally freaked me out. I was probably about 8 or 9 at the time, and that has stuck with me all this time.

I still can't stand earwigs.