Monday, May 22, 2006

MOANDAY

Just thought I'd get my whine out of the way first. I have a little trouble getting started on Monday. A 20 oz. Diet Coke with lime usually jump starts the day. What did people do before caffeine?

This weekend I moved my library from the basement to upstairs. Five bookcases and about 1,000 books. It took me all day Saturday to sort them and get them in the shelves. I surplused 3 bags of surplus books.

Mrs A. and I got into it yesterday over the Mercedes. It has a few minor problems. It needs a little TLC, but I bought the car, that doesn't mean I am going to buy all of the parts and provide all of the labor to work on it. Yesterday the muffler came loose, so it sounded like a tank coming into the driveway. She came screaming out of the bedroom yelling "DO YOU HEAR THAT CAR? IT SOUNDS LIKE CRAP!"
So naturally I yelled right back at her "IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT I WILL TAKE IT BACK AND YOU CAN BUY THEM A FUC%$#@ CAR YOURSELF!" Sometimes it seems that God lets no good deed go unpunished.
So the muffler came loose. big ripping deal. It will cost under $5.00 to fix and take maybe an hour. Trouble is Mrs A. knows nothing about cars, so everything is a disaster. The car dies because the idle is too low, and it is imminent disaster. It takes all of 30 seconds to turn up the idle screw. The timing is a little to far advanced, so It pops back up the carb. I haven't had time to adjust it yet, but the only thing that it could hurt had already happened before we got the car. It blew off the air cleaner and put a dimple in the hood. I'll get to it when I can.
So by bedtime cooler heads prevailed and everything was better, but I sure get tired of everyone checking under my sweatshirt to see if there is a big red "S" on my teeshirt.

2 comments:

Daphnewood said...

don't be too mad. We women expect a lot out of our men and God help you if you happen to be a competent man. We'll abuse the hell out of you. You are Superman. I know you are. I have never seen a guy as handy as you at so many tasks!

Al said...

Thanks for the props (blush). I used the line "There is no big red "S" on my T-shirt" for years, so R. went out one fathers day and bought me a Superman T-shirt. I laughed until it hurt.