Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Books

This was rattling around the Blogosphere lately. I think I stole it from Rick, but maybe Renratt. It's betting pretty bad when you can't remember where you stole something. I'd feel bad if I could remember what it was that I was supposed to feel bad about......

1) One book that changed your life. Walden Pond By Thoreau, The Plague by Albert Camus, The Foundation Trilogy by Asimov. I could go on.

2) One book that you’d read more than once. I have read Walden about a half dozen times, the same for Tolkien’s Lord Of the Rings.

3) One book you’d want on a deserted island. The Bible. You could read it a thousand times and still find something new in it every time. The Collected Works of Shakespear as backup.

4) One book that made you laugh. English Creek by Ivan Doig A coming-of-age story in Montana. Parts of it are hilarious. I really like Ivan Doig's books.

5) One book that made you cry. Trinity by Leon Uris. Story of The Troubles in Ireland.

6) One book you wish you’d written. STAR by myself. I’m a severalthousand words into it but sort of high centered at the moment

7) One book you wish had never been written. Mein Kampf

8) One book you’re currently reading. The Book of the Dead by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child. Love all of their books. I think I have read everything they have published.

9) One book you’ve been meaning to read. Nothing on the horizon at the moment.

4 comments:

Rick said...

Wow, I'd forgotten about Walden Pond! Yeah, that was a life-changer, too. That the thing about books and me... I don't even attempt to retain much anymore... I'm running a little short on RAM and a little long on "senior moments."

Al said...

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation" You tell 'em Hank.

Or "If I knew someone was coming down the road with the intention of doing me good, I would run the other way"

Daphnewood said...

there aren't many books that changed my life. I wish I felt that moved. I have had a few that have stuck with me but I am not sure if it were for the better. Or maybe it is just too early to really think this through. I pray that is the case because I don't want to be an egg-nor-a-moose.

Al said...

I live a lot of my life inside my head, so books have aprofound effect on me. I am a constant reader. My library at home probably has a thousand books in it.